Every year I treat myself to something nice for Christmas. It’s usually a geek gadget, peripheral or something cool I want but haven’t been able to justify purchasing. This year, I want something really original – new content for my Sims 2 game!
That’s right, you heard me. I want to commission custom designed content for me to use with the Sims 2 Open for Business and Seasons. I want to negotiate a price to have a neighborhood built and sent to me. We can work out the details of how many homes and the level of customization required, but here’s the general gist…
Neighborhood would consist of (3) different streets that have been populated with similarly themed home-businesses and one commercial lot.
- For example, you’d create an urban themed street, where the homes, yards and surrounding land look like a city block. There would be maybe (5) home businesses and I’d provide what those businesses should be and my general tastes in color palettes and styles. In addition, there would be one all purpose commercial lot with shopping, a park, etc.
- Another themed street might be a rural countryside that consists of country estates and farms. Same deal (5) types of home businesses and one all purpose commercial lot
- My last choice would probably a bit more extravagant; I might want a period setting that mimics one of my favorite literary pieces such as Pride and Prejudice, something Elizabethan, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings. Hell, if possible, I might even choose a favorite area from WOW - Booty Bay, Lakeshire and Westfall come to mind! Now wouldn't that be a hoot. If would be perfectly fine if this last area needed to be done by someone else who specializes in creating this kind of content.
In each of these streets the homes would be:
- Fully furnished
- Fully decorated
- If period, provide some basic clothing and accessories – (2) outfits for each gender, age group and clothing type. For example for male adults, two shirts, pants, suits, PJs, swimming, jogging, etc.
Lastly, we’d consider my personal tastes for my Sims homes themselves:
- Prefer single story or 1.5 story
- Only (1) home in each of the three areas needs to accommodate children
- Love fireplaces, open floor plans, flowers inside and potted plants
- Kitchen is my favorite room in any house therefore extra effort should be spent on detailing that room
- Prefer His-n-Her bathrooms in the master bedroom.
- Choices for home businesses would be: Bakery, Coffee Shop, Pub/Café, Internet Café, Florist, Horticulturist, Boutique (clothing, perfume/colognes & accessories), Bookstore, etc – basically I like things where the customer is encouraged to hang out for a while.
- Certain hacks would be necessary to stop the few annoying elements in The Sims: newspapers every morning, want auto-payment of bills and stop people from setting the kitchens on fire.
These are my high level thoughts for now. All the details would be worked out in an agreed to contract. Upon payment all assets are my property but I would always provide authorship if the content is posted. I would NEVER sell the content but would be allowed to give it to friends and family.
So that’s about it. There are some amazing Sims content creators out there! I will post this in as many forums as I can, especially on the sites that I frequent. If you’re interested contact me here or via email. I'm hoping to hear from the cream of the crop! If you're interested, you must provide links to where you have a custom content gallery that I can review.
For people thinking, "Geez, that's sort of extravagant and self indulgent." You're right, it most certainly is. But if life has taught me anything, it is this - life is short and tomorrow is promised to no one.