1. Was an aspiring ballet dancer for 15 years. As a teen, I studied for two summers with the Jeoffrey Ballet in NYC, which is where I was born and raised. The primary dancers from the movie Fame, knew them all - studied with them at the High School of Performing Arts.
2. Total geek and thrice published author of Certification Study Guides for Microsoft. Would post the links but then you'd have my first and last name. Sorry, this is the internet so can't be too careful. :-)
3. Rebelled at 16 when my parents wouldn't let me accept any scholoarships to artistic colleges or support my desire to be a writer - graduated from high school early. Three months later when I was 17, I forced them to emancipate me, threw my Rutgers scholoarship in their face and went my own way. We reconsilded a couple of years later. And even though I lack a college degree as a result, I still didn't turn out half bad.
4. Favorite book of all time is a two book series by Stephan R. Donaldson, Mordant's Need. The first book in the series, The Mirror of Her Dreams, is the book that branded me as a fantasy lover. I've read it and the second book, A Man Rides Through, at least six times each. And these ain't no small books.
5. Seeing me and knowing me only casually, you'd probably never guess that my favorite singing group is Bush. Or should I say, was Bush, as the band is no longer together. Other than looking at hotty Gavin, they aren't usually a girl's favorite band. Especially one who's conservative and African American. Yet there's something about the angst in their music that hits home with me.