We all make 'em and break 'em, year after year. Last year I didnt even bother but this year I'm going to try again. I have a very short list and will try my best to honor it this year.
2006 New Year Resolutions
1. Lose 15 lbs. - I've put on a few pounds and they must come off. My parents like the new wieght. They think I was too thin before. Too bad, so sad, this has got to go.
2. Write 3x a week - I've got to spend more time writing and less time vocalizing stories in my head.
3. Prepare for my Six Sigma Exam - I'm not thrilled that I was offered this new role at work like most people would be. I dread the stress and drama that the work can bring but I still need to give it my all.
4. Make time to read - I used to be an avid reader racing through a novel a week. I need to get back to literature, or stop pretending that it's my secret dream to be a publish fiction author some day.
5. Come out of hiding - This is the most important resolution of all. I think I've been hiding out emotionally since I was told that I had cancer and break-up of my engagement, which happened within days of each other. Physically I'm fine and it's time to get back on the horse and embrace life more fully.
All of these resolutions will mean balancing the amount of time that play MMORPG's - at the moment WOW. /e Raises a glass. Here's hoping I achieve them.